We recently purchased and installed a new inkjet press, the KM-1 from Konica Minolta. With this new press we will be able to better meet our production demands and provide outstanding image quality. It will also further strengthen our position as an innovative printer by allowing us to develop new applications. The KM-1 is able to print up to 3,000 oversized sheets per hour. We can expand our print offering by having the capabilities to print larger sheet sizes, up to 23″ x 29.5.” It allows us to produce a wide variety of new applications such as heavy textured stock and folding packaging. The KM-1 will help us exceed our customers’ expectations and expand our current digital print business.
- Stable and consistent paper-feeding, registration, image quality, and repeatability
- Image quality, color gamut, and glossiness rivals offset presses
- High-quality image resolution at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi
- High-precision color-matching technology
- On/off font edge-processing technology enhances text quality
- Ideal for variable data and duplex printing applications
- Equipped to automatically detect any image flaws
- Fadeproof color and instant drying
- Print on larger sheet sizes, up to 23″ x 29.5″
- Print on thicker sheet sizes, 0.06 to 0.6 mm
- Instant drying UV ink allows for faster turnaround times
- Versatile printing applications including printing on packaging board, plastics, synthetic materials, light weight papers, and textured stock
- Print on embossed paper without any precoat or need to purchase special paper
Larger Sheet Size Printing Applications:
- 3-panel and 4-panel brochures
- Pocket folders
- Point-of-purchase graphics
- Narrow format signage
- Dust jackets
- Wrap-around book covers
- And more!
Here at GMS we are very excited about the new opportunities we will gain by bringing in the KM-1.