GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position will report to the Director of Manufacturing. You are responsible for coordinating schedules, maintenance, and all other day to day activities with the director of manufacturing. You will communicate directly with other manufacturing employees to coordinate shift scheduling, overtime and daily expectations for bindery production. You are the go to person for troubleshooting and any equipment related issues; ensuring the quality expectations are met for all jobs. Your primary function is equipment operation with a focus on coordination and collaboration across multiple departments balancing deadlines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MACHINE OPERATION: Set up, run, troubleshoot and maintain all bindery equipment so they can run at optimal speeds for each product we produce. Review daily output of team members and work to continually improve efficiency.
SCHEDULING/ON THE FLOOR DECISIONS: Work with team members to direct resources as needed to accomplish the daily schedule. Make on the fly decisions when needed to solve unforeseen problems or machine failures to keep production flowing.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP: Partner with the leadership team, the account management team, estimating and other manufacturing departments to meet and exceed customer expectations, assist in job planning, and ensure resources are allocated properly in other departments.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Order supplies, schedule service when needed, attend and run meetings.
- 10+ years experience in bindery and equipment operation
- Live GMS core values promoting teamwork and professionalism
- High level of mechanical aptitude, able to perform routine maintenance and train others
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines and projects
- Ongoing talent evaluation to coordinate cross training and strengthen department
- Hands on coordination across multiple departments delivering required materials on time and to specifications
- Able to think and make decisions independently under pressure
- Good people skills promoting teamwork
- Continuous improvement minded
- Process oriented
- Need to be able to understand and perform basic math equations
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Comply with GMS’s SOC II/HIPAA and all privacy policies as outlined in our yearly training program
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent, trade school preferred
COMPENSATION: Hourly based on experience and prior leadership roles.