GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position will report to the Director of Support Services. You are responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and expectations. You will also be responsible to purchase paper and manage paper inventory. You will be a valuable resource to the sales team by providing creative alternatives for cost savings to GMS and our clients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Paper purchasing. Responsible to order paper by designated deadlines. Handle returns and update Pace with all current pricing. Work with merchants to negotiate pricing and service level agreements. Remain current with the latest paper materials offered by suppliers.
- Inventory management. Responsible for purchasing and managing GMS owned inventory items.
- Outside Purchasing. Responsible to coordinate and manage any services needed to complete projects. Will work closely with account managers, scheduling, and production.
- Provide support to the Sales and Customer Service Team. Be a resource for job planning and paper inquiries. Ask questions to uncover opportunities and leads to fill pipeline.
- Optimize the Customer Experience. Ask questions to uncover opportunities and leads to help fill the pipeline. Assist in tracking internal and external cost reductions and efficiencies. Partner with the Leadership team, Sales, Customer Service and Manufacturing
- Responsible for managing paper purchasing to insure client deadlines
- Responsible for outsourcing services needed to complete projects
- Knowledge of Pace or a similar software
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of offset printing, digital printing, and finishing
- Teamwork and success in working collaboratively across corporate staff, vendors and sales team
- Adhere to our company policies, professional behavior and demonstrate our core values, professional and ethical behavior at all times.
- Knowledge of GMS capabilities, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Takes initiative to learn the GMS solution offerings.
- Takes initiative to contribute to building a high performing sales culture with exceptional teamwork.
- Analytical, strategic, takes initiative to problem solve.
- Customer focused and able to optimize the customer experience during every interaction.
EDUCATION: BA degree or 5+ years of experience in purchasing.