GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position will report to the Director of Manufacturing. The Scheduler enters all incoming work into our scheduling program ensuring work centers are not overloaded and customer expectations can be met. You will make recommendations to CSRs and Sales based on the schedule and help meet demands. You also work closely with production managers and department leads keeping them abreast of changes and potential overtime. This position is the subject matter expert for Pace related to scheduling and associated tools.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SCHEDULING: Work with the DOM and estimating/planning to ensure the job plans are accurate. Enter new jobs evaluating how they impact WIP making recommendations for success.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Ongoing evaluation of the system and the accuracy of the schedule. Make recommendations to DOM on better scheduling tools or improvements to the current system.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP: Partner with the leadership team, the account management team, estimating, scheduling and other manufacturing departments to meet and exceed customer expectations, assist in job planning when requested.
- Prior experience managing production schedules in a printing environment
- Fulfillment and distribution project management
- Live GMS core values promoting teamwork and professionalism
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and projects
- Critical thinking – able to make decisions independently under pressure
- Analytical – can see all the parts of the puzzle and how they need to come together
- Good people skills promoting teamwork
- Process oriented, able to build and document systems
- Need to be able to understand and perform basic math equations
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work with and learn multiple software systems
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- Comply with GMS’s SOC II/HIPAA and all privacy policies as outlined in our yearly training program
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
COMPENSATION: Salaried based on experience and prior leadership roles.