GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position will report to the Director of Support Services. You will play an instrumental role as the liaison between the customer, business development, technology solutions, and all production areas. You will handle projects from receipt of order through final shipment, and will assist in troubleshooting and monitoring job progress through final invoice while meeting the customer’s and company’s expectations. You are responsible for understanding the customer’s needs and expectations, and for advocating for the successful completion of the project. You will become a trusted partner and establish long term relationships between GMS, our partners and our clients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage projects from receipt of order through final shipment, and assist in troubleshooting and monitoring job progress through final invoice. Order entry procedure including accurate estimate and quoted price to the client. Ensure accuracy and on time delivery.
- Conduct project review and job cost analysis. Review the cost sheet to determine if all labor and materials have been captured. If there are anomalies, determine if the job plan, or the estimate, need to be adjusted for future runs.
- Prepare the invoice to the client. Capture any alteration charges and collect freight and any reporting needed. Make sure business development executive and client know about any changes so there are no surprises. Submit to accounting for final billing to customer.
- Optimize the Customer Experience. Ask questions to uncover opportunities and leads to help fill the pipeline. Seek to understand the client’s needs during every interaction. Ensure that all communications via email, voice mail, or by phone are professional. Set expectations; strive to exceed expectations during every interaction.
- Cross functional leadership and communication by partnering with the leadership team; your internal support team; manufacturing team; and your cross functional partners to optimize the customer experience during every interaction.
- Understanding of GMS solutions and the ability to identify opportunities and secure an appointment with the business executive.
- Understanding of the printing process, inventory control and website portals.
- Responsible for seamless and transparent execution from order acceptance through final product delivery.
- Participate in customer onboarding meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Teamwork and success in working collaboratively across corporate staff, partners and sales team
- Adhere to our company policies, professional behavior and demonstrate our core values, professional and ethical behavior at all times.
- Strong communication skills; written and oral, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Takes initiative to learn the GMS solution offerings.
- Comply with GMS’s SOC2, HIPAA, and all privacy policies as outlined in our yearly training program.
- Takes initiative to contribute to building a high performing sales culture with exceptional teamwork.
- Analytical, strategic, takes initiative to problem solve.
- Assess and manage projects from concept to completion.
- Customer focused and able to optimize the customer experience during every interaction.
EDUCATION: BA degree or 5+ years of experience in the printing industry.